Monday, July 2, 2012

and this is why i'm glad i write down everything.

While "summer cleaning" our upstairs before the move, I came across one of my thirteen journals from middle-school to high school.  And my heart stopped and drifted back to 2003 as I read (in glittery pink gel pen):

"Today Steve Williams (the cute guy I've been talking to online) saw me after first period and put his arm around me.  He told me I look cute in a hat! Ahhhhh!  He carried my books and walked me to my chair in second period.  That's right - my chair!!  He invited me to watch a movie at his house tomorrow after school.  I'm SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!  He is soo cute, athletic, and sweet!  I'm on cloud nine.  I'm so gonna marry this guy."


And marry him I did.  I married the heck out of him. :)



You know how you can read something and totally go back to that time?  Yeah, that's what happened.  I ended up reading the rest of that journal and laughed, cried, and reminisced.


And I kind of hope that's how I feel when my kids are all grown up and I read this blog.  Sweet stories about my babies.  Things I'll never be able to forget because they are documented (and triple saved, and printed!)  And I will laugh, and cry, and reminisce & be darn glad I decided to take 10 minutes of nap time to write these things down for the future.

7 comments:

  1. best blog post ever. so stinkin' sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! :) I love reading my old journals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! SO sweet!! :) I feel the same way! SO worth taking a little bit of time to write things down, how much will your children enjoy reading everything you wrote about them and seeing super cute pics of themselves?! :) I'm planning to turn my blog into a couple of books for Olivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!! I found a huge stack of my old diaries dating back to third grade! Wow, is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing read back on past journals & then u remember things u have long forgotten :) I hope I can look back at my blog & remember all the memories of my SI
    !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! It makes me wish I would have kept a journal in High school. I knew how important it was, I just stinked at it. You should share this with the YW at your ward. It may spark it in some of them to get started, or keep going, so they don't regret it later!

    ReplyDelete